Social, emotional, and behavior competencies are undeniably linked to students’ academic success. In an effort to educate the “whole child,” adults need to explicitly teach and model the importance of:
- showing empathy for others
- how to establish and maintain supportive relationships
- how to make responsible and caring decisions
Adults also need to be skilled in responding to different types of behaviors. The intention of this Focus Area is to build the capacity to effectively and efficiently develop relationships, manage behavior and set students up for success in school, careers and life.
This course includes on-demand videos, covering topics such as the importance of relationships, digital citizenship and managing student behavior.
Level 3 Access:
- Social and Emotional Learning
- The Importance of Relationships
- The Power of Positive Interactions
- Managing Student Behavior
- Responding to Different Types of Behavior
- Schools and Mental Health: What’s the Connection
- Digital Citizenship
- Intentionally Building Developmental Relationships
PLUS a university graduate credit!
Unlock additional coursework that focuses on furthering and applying your knowledge in real world environments.
Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a graduate credit from Northwest Nazarene University.
After purchase, you will gain access to instructions on how to request your university registration information. You may then proceed to completing and submitting your coursework.